The Celltechgen™ Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail preserves the phosphorylation state of proteins during and after cell lysis or tissue protein extraction.
Features of Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail:
• Devoid of protease inhibitors—To protect against both proteases and phosphatases, use The Celltechgen™Protease and Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail.
• Dialyzable— Either dialyze or desalt sample to effectively remove inhibitors from cell extracts before performing procedures that are discovered to be incompatible with cocktail components.
• Supplied as a 100X concentrate—effective when used at a final concentration of 1X; however, samples that contain particularly high levels of phosphatase activity may require a final concentration of 2-3X.
• Compatibility— compatible with most detergent-based cell lysis reagents.
• All-in-one format—inhibits both serine-threonine phosphatases and protein tyrosine phosphatases
• Compatiblewith popular protein assays—works with standard protein assays, including BCA and coomassie (Bradford) assays
• Convenient storage—refrigerator (2 to 8°C) storage saves valuable space in the freezer and provides for immediate use
• Multiple sizes—select a package size of the 100X cocktail that is ideal for any particular scale and workflow of protein extraction experimentThe Celltechgen™ Phosphatase
Inhibitor Cocktail protects phosphoproteins from serine/threonine phosphatases as well as protein tyrosine phosphatases (PTPs) during cell lysis. The cocktail contains a mixture of four inhibitors of broad specificity, including sodium fluoride, sodium orthovanadate, sodium pyrophosphate and beta-glycerophosphate. Conveniently packaged in a 100X format, the cocktail is stable at 4°C and is suitable for use with any cell or tissue extract. The cocktail preserves protein phosphorylation in immunoprecipitation and kinase assays.Phosphorylation and dephosphorylation comprise a molecular on/off switch that regulates many key biological pathways within the cell, including signal transduction, cell division and apoptosis. To effectively study phosphorylation activation states, one must inactivate phosphatases to prevent their uncontrolled activity upon cell lysis. Halt Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail accomplishes this task.
Upon receipt store at 4°C.
1ml ; 2*1ml ; 5*1ml
Celltechgen provides high-quality reagents and materials for research use only. For proper handling of potentially hazardous chemicals, please request the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) provided for the product.